For more than 50 years, we’ve used our imagination to create the best places, state-of-the-art buildings, thriving communities and ingenious infrastructure solutions. Our journey took us around the world, from Australia to Asia, the Americas and Europe. And along the way, we’ve set new standards by challenging conventional thinking for the better. What sets us apart is that we understand and can execute the whole process – or just part of it – from investment to development to construction.
But above all, with everything we do, we leave a positive and lasting legacy that future generations can enjoy…
We are currently recruiting a Fit Out Package Manager with extensive CAT B Fit Out experience to work on the prestigious 8 Bishopsgate development in the City of London. As the Fit-up Package Manager, you will be responsible for the Category B fit-up of all public facilities in the building, including the auditorium, restaurant and public viewing gallery on the 50th floor.
Summary of work
- Provide leadership, management and excellence, within the Fit-Out discipline. Ensure that the services provided are produced on time, at cost and to the standards required of Lendlease and associated stakeholders. To ensure that Lendlease and our associated stakeholders receive the most appropriate design solution, arising from the brief.
- Involvement in varied and technically complex projects, which will be difficult, but from which you will derive great satisfaction, due to the detailed technical involvement. You will work in an environment where your knowledge and management skills will be put to good use.
- Your involvement will feature direct contact with decision makers within the business, offering technical knowledge, awareness, onboarding, guidance and advice.
- You will integrate multidisciplinary project teams throughout the procurement and construction process. Set up, procure and direct the safe and efficient installation, completion and closure of facility layouts throughout the project, within prescribed parameters, within budget and schedule.
- Develop individual skill levels and assist in the development of other team members
- This role will focus on amenity development work that includes the development of a town hall space, a restaurant and an observation gallery.
- To perform due diligence design audits, implement active risk management and demonstrate the value creation of third party designs.
- Have a solid knowledge of Lendlease GMRs and implement these standards
- Provide guidance and advice on construction services and technical information associated with specific projects.
- Review project design documentation and determine constructability issues, outstanding and incomplete design, and conflicts with surrounding trades.
- Maintain relationships with the goal of ensuring customer retention with end users, customers, professional services consultants and supply chain members.
- Participate in the preparation of bids and project proposals.
- Represent Lendlease at RFP interviews, presentations and industry seminars.
- Put in place information packages to enable potential commercial contractors to bid for fit-up work.
- Arrange pre-, post-tender and post-tender interviews with potential sub-contractors to ensure they fully understand the scope of their work and give them the opportunity to present their ideas, contributions and their commitment to the project and the IIR.
- Analyze the returned bids with the sales team and select the subcontractor who displays the best understanding of the project requirements, the best value engineering, the best commitment to the project and whose offer is the most competitive.
- Repeat the above process for the selection of the temporary site services specialist contractor to ensure that the site is set up correctly with respect to program, welfare, lighting, food, security and safety.
- Arrange procurement of statutory services for new supplies or diversions of existing supplies as required.
- Continuously monitor the progress of statutory services to ensure they are delivering on time.
- Lead and assist nominated contractors/sub-contractors to perform their work in accordance with the requirements/specifications of LL and any other stakeholders within the scope of the contracted program and in a safe manner.
- Hold regular progress meetings with contractors/subcontractors to see where they may be falling behind, why, and what steps can be taken to resolve delays.
- Implement and monitor the commissioning and testing process to ensure that all systems are signed off as complete and compliant with customer requirements by a customer representative.
- To set up control and record the hooking and unhooking process to ensure practical completion is achieved.
- Oversee the timely compilation and production of Operation and Maintenance Manuals / Safety Record to ensure handover of the completed project to the client.
- Participate in the delivery of the company’s strategic imperatives of safety, innovation, technical excellence and professionalism, both internally and externally.
- Active participation in company learning initiatives and workshops, via the community of practice forum.
- Review and respond to design challenges from sub-contractors including Request for Information (RFI) submissions in a timely manner.
- Where applicable, review and provide “status” to subcontractor drawing submissions within the time frame.
- Review and approve sub-contractors’ CMPs (Contractor Management Plans) including Quality Plan and Inspection Test Plans (ITPs) within agreed timelines prior to commencement of work on site.
- Monitor site work safety and report any incidents and/or observations using the Lendlease, Enablon safety reporting system.
- Obtain samples and prepare site markers as per employers requirements for review and approval by design consultants and client group.
- Assist the Senior Project Manager and/or Project Director in completing and updating project-specific mandatory safety documents, including the PEP (Project Execution Plan) and EHS Plan.
- Develop detailed short and medium term programs that match the overall project delivery schedule.
- Define methodology and resolve site installation constraints with Senior Construction Manager
- Assist the Senior Project Manager and Project Planner in the development and implementation of the delivery schedule.
- Assist the commercial team in the production of subcontractor specifications and purchase packages in accordance with the tender schedule (TES) and the procurement strategy.
- Assist Commercial Managers in reviewing commercial contractor assessments and change submissions.
- Hold weekly coordination meetings with contractors detailing progress, safety, design and quality issues. Minutes should be circulated, monitored and actions closed.
Demonstrated experience in the procurement and delivery of high-rise mixed-use development projects. A solid base of experience is essential to develop skills and qualities: A commitment to Incident Injury Free safety culture Being able to motivate colleagues and reports to deliver excellence in the workplace. Be able to demonstrate to contractors that you know their business as well as your own Be able to leverage experience and innovation to solve problems as they arise Be able to recognize potential problems and plan a head Be able to communicate issues and problems clearly and concisely Experience on large commercial projects Know the systems and procedures that need to be in place and performed Promotes safety and sustainability Fosters accountability and ensures effective delivery Makes quality decisions based on evidence Embraces change Drives client results
- Good knowledge of the procurement process; construction process and construction methods.
- Proven track record of effective time management and ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to manage contractors, maintain relationships and build relationships
- Understanding of legislation relating to operational security legislation
- Understanding of financial and business systems and their impact on operational decision-making
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- CSCS card
- Must have extensive experience in CAT B layout.
- Professional construction qualifications relevant to the position (BSc or MSc in Project Management or Construction/Construction Studies or Engineering, CIOB/ RICS)
- Knowledge of applicable construction laws, legislation, regulations, standards and procedures
- Experience in BIM and document control (Conject/InTouch)
- SMSTS Certification (Site Management Safety Training Scheme).
To apply online click here.
We aspire to create a diverse workforce by recruiting qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds, regardless of age, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin or color, gender, transgender status, religion or their beliefs, their pregnancy and maternity, their marital or civil union, or any other disadvantaged group in our society. As part of our ongoing commitment to diversity, we have invested in external Equality, Diversity & Inclusion auditing and achieved the Equality Assured Standard accreditation. We build careers, develop skills and invest in people.
Imagine what more you could do here.
Lendlease is committed to being a diverse and inclusive employer of choice by engaging, empowering and empowering our employees. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Inclusion sets us all up for success and we especially encourage applications from groups currently underrepresented in our industry, including those who identify as female, black, Asian, ethnic minority, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and/or or disabled.